Sahaja Yoga International presents the first School
On 22 March 2018, hundreds of volunteers from all over the world will come to India, the international 'capital' of meditation, to pay homage and express their gratitude for the precious legacy that this ancient culture has shared with the rest of the world.
Many prestigious international artists, such as TEV and A.R. Rachman Orchestra, will join to perform Indian Classical music and dance, sharing the melodic harmony between East and West.
This World Meditation has been designed for students around the world and therefore respects every culture and religion. On this day, our volunteers will guide simultaneous meditations involving students of all ages, and schools and Institutions from all over the World will join the Indian students through 24 hours of active links and connections.
The project has achieved amazing results both academically and psychologically, gaining the support and appreciation of many prestigious international institutions and receiving favourable media attention worldwide. It is the love for children that has inspired people to contribute, so that the Event can be offered to schools completely free of charge.
•The seeds of peace •
Modern life constantly exposes our attention to external stimuli which distracts us from the treasure of inner peace, potentially present in all of us. Unfortunately, stress is not an exclusive feature of the adult world. For children and adolescents, daily commitments can be particularly difficult, compromising their ability to concentrate and learn. We would like to come to your schools to motivate your students in their studies, showing them the global recognition of indian culture, and how important it is for the world to preserve its qualities.
Schools and Institutions from all over the World are getting ready to build a bridge between the east and the west, an occasion for all our children to be closer to India with all it's wisdom, depth and beauty.
Having experienced the benefits of meditation, our students, are preparing messages for Indian students. They are sending their respect, their joy and friendship to enjoy together the universality of this practice.
From New Delhi to Paris, from Rome to New York, from Beirut to Beijing to Jerusalem. A wave of love and cultural integration will start from India to envelop the entire planet, allowing the beauty in each of us to emerge in an unprecedented global event. We are committed to cultivating the seeds of peace and understanding among all people, with the goal of reinforcing the fundamental values needed for a harmonious and respectful relationship with others.
•The Roots of the event •
We follow a universal ideal, to inspire in all generations the understanding that "There will never be peace in the world until we have peace within ourselves".
The meditation technique that will be used is Sahaja Yoga, founded by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. She travelled tirelessly for over 40 years all over the world with her maternal grace, spreading her message and giving life to organizations and social initiatives in many different countries. Her work has united people all over the world and today Sahaja Yoga is practiced in over 100 countries and offers the possibility, entirely free of cost, to make meditation an integral part of one's life.
Thanks to Her legacy many children are able to experience the beauty of Sahaja Yoga meditation and the value of Indian culture. It has became for so many children a point of reference, a lifeline, to protect their innocence and find balance in the chaos that modern life is often nowadays, notwithstanding their religion or cultural background. The meditation techniques of Sahaja Yoga are now used in schools in over 60 countries.
•Program of the event •
Each school can decide as to the number of participating classes, time of participation and the designated area to be used on the day of the event. The event can last approximately three hours - see program proposal below:
• Greetings and presentation of international and Indian volunteers • Presentation of the project with slides • Video projection showing the global dimension of the event • A simultaneous practical experience of the meditation • Reading of messages and essays by western students on the subjects of peace, integration and love inspired by Indian culture and meditation • Music and dance performed by international and Indian artists • Feedback and farewells • Collective Namaskar of gratitude.
There will be the possibility of twinning with a school abroad, through an exchange of materials (drawings, poems, thoughts, etc.) and we can help set up communication between the pupils who wish to have a Pen-pal abroad.
If you wish you can also join us!
How to take part in this event?
• Flowering of a new culture •
We can organise together the participation of your school, generating a feeling of love and tolerance to the whole planet for a 2018 of real change. An experience of integration and fusion where every diversity will dissolve into the feeling of being ONE, being in Yoga.
1Meet the international volunteers
• On the 22 March Sahaja Yoga volunteers from all over the world will come to your school. According to your needs, individual classes or bigger assemblies can be guided to make sure all the children enjoy the experience. Together they can join with children from all over the world, expressing their wish for peace using their power of innocence.
• If it is not possible to host the Sahaja Yoga volunteers, your school will receive the material and the necessary instructions to participate in the event on March 22, by connecting online. So each center, classroom or teacher can join through the web at any time, devoting 15 minutes of their day to meditation, sharing the experience with children and schools around the world.
2 The written competition
• Students who wish to take part in our written competition can do so by writing a essay, after the event, inspired by the title: "Sharing Peace, my heart greats your heart". to: email@example.com
• Sharing Peace• my heart greets your heart
Tell us about your experience with the meditation and how it could contribute to building a more peaceful world. (this outline is indicative, it should be reformulated and adapted according to age group and the teacher's indications).
The chosen essays from the various age groups
• Will be translated and read in schools and public events in India and worldwide.
•• Will be published on the Official Website of the event, together with all international essays. These heartfelt messages can act as tangible expressions of solidarity and serve to connect and bind countries and schools beyond boundaries and cultural differences.
••• From the chosen essays, 2 per country will be selected and the fortunate students will be fully sponsored to participate in a week at the Inner Peace International Camp 2018. This is an annual Summer Camp held in Mongiardino Park which is a beautiful nature reserve in Mongiardino Ligure, in the north of Italy: https://parcomongiardino.it/ This event will be unprecedented, as students from more than 30 countries who have united their hearts during this event will finally meet in person, becoming "Ambassadors of Peace" of their country.